|Posted on November 16, 2013 at 4:25 AM|
We've been working as hard as we can to get as much of it finished as we can before the unvailing at Presentation Evening on the 22nd.
This week we've been working on the internal fittings. It was a good thing we cut the windows out the rear, otherwise we'd have had very little light to see by in our 'enclosed shed' (we did also install a working light as well).
We started with the centre console frame, which is the section that sits between the two pilot seats and will house the throttle controls, hardwire 'radio' and a few other useful controls.
On top of that we added the dashboard, which will hold the yokes and serve as a base for the screen housing. With eight screens in total; two at the bottom serving the instrument panel and six at the top to form the 'windows', all of which need to be set at various angles we've been having to do some of our design work as we go along, which has meant a lot of cutting and measuring and tweeking to get it right.
The lower screen housing is complete to a stage where we'll be sorting out the upper one from Monday. A real tricky section.
Whatever stage we're at by the Friday though we'll be giving our parents and cadets a first look.
Categories: Sim Construction